MusicWeek United Kingdom. London 31 May 2012
The International Radio Festival (IRF) has revealed plans for its Olympic Edition in London this year where it will broadcast an independent Olympic radio station on a temporary London-wide DAB frequency.
The broadcast will be beamed from House of Switzerland (the official Swiss hospitality centre at the Olympic Games) from July 20 to August 12, 2012 courtesy of Switchdigital.
Previously, the IRF’s Second Edition saw the UK as guest country and featured special guest appearances from pioneers at the birth of pop radio, including Tony Blackburn, Ed ‘Stewpot’ Stewart and Emperor Rosko who reprised their shows from the Sixties.
Within its schedule of shows, the IRF Olympic Pop-Up Edition will feature programming from:
- Tony Prince – began his career on Radio Caroline before moving on to Radio Luxembourg and founding Mixmag and DMC Update
- Martyn Ware – the creative powerhouse behind the original incarnation of the Human League, Heaven 17 and the British Electronic Foundation
- Eddie Piller – founder of Acid Jazz Records
- Danielle Perry – of Kerrang and Q Radio
- Karen P – founder of Folded Wing who produce radio content for stations as varied as Radio 1, NME Radio and Roundhouse Radio
- Toddla T, of BBC Radio ONE fame
- plus many more…
More about this unique music radio event in MusicWeek.