Are you a US College DJ ready for international exposure?
The International Radio Festival invites all U.S. College Radio DJs to submit their best music radio show for a chance to win a trip to the world’s best music conference – midem – taking place in Cannes, France January 26-29, 2013. You will be introduced to top music industry executives, attend midem conference sessions and enjoy over 40 live acts.
Prize: One Winning Radio Station Representative will win a trip to the 2013 Midem Conference in Cannes, France (January 26-29, 2013), One (1) Portable HD Radio Receiver, and One (1) Tabletop HD Radio Receiver. Flight provided by Swiss Air (winner must fly from a Swiss Air departure airport) IRF will secure a midem badge, airport transport and accommodations for 4 nights; HD Radio Receivers Provided by iBiquity Digital
Presenting sponsor: HD Radio™ Technology
Web Host: MixCloud.com
Media Partners: Mixcloud & CMJ
Launch Date: Thursday, September 13, 2012 during the 3rd International Radio Festival – Zurich
Contest Run Dates: Sept 13 – Dec 1, 2012, winner announced by December 7
How to Enter:
Record a thirty-minute music radio mix. The mix should represent your own personal radio style. ALL types of contemporary music are welcome.
- International Radio Festival Search for the Best US College Music Radio Show, presented by HD Radio™ Technology, in association,with Mixcloud & CMJ
- Deadline: Saturday, December 1, 2012
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Competition open in the U.S. All University Radio Jockeys and producers welcome.
- Upload your music radio show of no more than 30 minutes to Mixcloud; multiple uploads are encouraged. Judges will look more favorably upon presenters who can showcase consistency and variety by uploading shows regularly during the competition period.
- Tag it with “IRF Search” If you fail to tag it correctly, your entry may be missed
- Include a paragraph description of the unique aspects of your particular College Radio show
- Include the competition cover-art (As per above – use right mouse click to save)
- Add your track list
- Share your shows on Twitter with the hash tag #IRFSearch. Get as many people as possible to listen to and favorite them!
- Upload your show (s) before 1 December, 2012
Terms & Conditions
We do not tolerate spammy behavior on the Mixcloud platform. Please do not post dozens of comments asking people to listen to your entry if you’ve never bothered to engage with them or their Cloudcasts. And please do not favorite dozens of other entries that you haven’t bothered listening to, just to get their attention. If we spot this behavior you will not win this competition.
No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. Prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. The final decision lies with insomniac. Insomniac reserves the right to withdraw from this competition at any time.
See Mixcloud’s full Competition Terms & Conditions for further details.